Owen is a Managing Director of Morgan Stanley and is Head of Global Technology M&A.
With over 21 years of technology investment banking experience, Owen has a track record of achieving many of the highest multiple and premium outcomes in the technology sector. His specialty includes cloud software and Internet M&A advisory.
Owen has advised on over 80 deals aggregating >$150 billion of value, including 3 of the top 10 revenue multiple (2 of 4 highest multiple public sellsides) and 3 of top 10 premia deals in the technology sector over the last decade.
Selected transactions include:
- Livongo’s $18.8Bn merger with Teladoc, the highest revenue multiple ever achieved in a public deal
- Twilio’s $3.2Bn al-stock acquisition of Segment; SendGrid’s $2.0Bn all-stock sale to Twilio
- Infoblox’s sale to Warburg Pincus/Vista at a $3Bn+ valuation
- Okta’s $6.5Bn all-stock acquisition of Auth0
- Marketo’s $1.8Bn sale to Vista and its subsequent $4.75Bn sale to Adobe; Omniture and TubeMobul sales to Adobe
- Cvent’s sale to Vista and merger with Dragoneer’s SPAC
- Ariba and SuccessFactors sales to SAP; SAP acquisition of Fieldglass
- Eloqua, Responsys, ATG, RightNow, Textura sales to Oracle; Oracle’s acquisitions of Siebel, iflex and Retek
- Kronos and Ultimate Software’s $22Bn merger
- Ancestry’s $4.7Bn sale to Blackstone
Owen holds an AB in Economics from Harvard University.