David Cole, CPA, CISA, CRISC
Mr. Cole has an extensive and diverse experience covering the past 25+ years. Mr. Cole is currently the owner of SysAudits.com and performs IT security assessments, IT audits, and IT operations.
Mr. Cole held numerous Director of IS Audit positions at:
- U.S. House of Representatives Office of Inspector General
- Department of Education, Office of Inspector General
- Smithsonian Office of Inspector General.
- Performed operational, performance, compliance, and IT audits
- Hands-on IT Audit Director and provided technical support to Special Agents investigating cybercrimes and testified at Congressional committee.
Mr. Cole held numerous IT Operations positions:
- Chief Information Officer for a major Department of Defense Agency
- Mr. Cole was responsible for executive leadership, management, and oversight for all IT operations to include, multiple datacenters, systems engineering, application developments, cybersecurity, IT policy, computer security awareness program, budget development and forecasting, resource planning and execution, and the largest agency contracts. Mr. Cole is responsible for a $100 million+ annual IT budget and managed over 150 technical staff supporting over 70+ locations.
- DOD Designated Approving Authority (DAA) - (CISO) with responsibility for certification and accreditation of over 40,000 information systems hosted by cleared industry at over 14,000 locations under the National Industrial Security Program (NISP)
- Adjunct Professor at George Mason University, specializing in IT Audit and Information Assurance senior level courses.
- Dual Accounting and Business undergraduate degree from the University of Texas
- Masters in Information Systems Development from George Washington University
- Executive Masters in Management and Leadership from the Sloan School of Business, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.